Monday, August 10, 2009

Butter as Health Food? Yes! ; )

I was reading a copy of Mother Earth News the other day and it had an article about butter.   I have always preferred real butter to any other yellow mass of goo in a tub, but I had no idea how many types of "real" butter there could be.  It turns out I have been using the substandard, mass processed type, not realizing that it would be better if the milk came from organic, grass fed cows during the months of May-September.  I also errantly believed butter was made from cream and fat, and that was that.  Oh no, it can be so much more if it comes from said cows. The butter from these cows have CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), higher level of antioxidants and both Omega-3 & Omega-6.  Yes, butter as health food!  Anyway, I bought some today on a quick trip into Sprouts and spread it on a piece of bread as soon as the yogurt and half and half were safely refrigerated.  YUMMY!  It was so... buttery (I know, really helpful description).  It was rich and spreadable and golden and nutty and, well... so wonderful I don't think I can go back to plain ol butter.    http://www.organicvalley.coop/products/butter/pasture/ 
http://www.motherearthnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment