Monday, July 27, 2009

Healthy foods that my kids love (me too)

This will be a list of foods that I consider to be both healthy and kid friendly.  2 of my 3 kids are very picky eaters and they love the following:
  • Phillipine Brand dried Mangoes - I found them at Costco first, then my local Walmart started carrying them.  Now, dried fruit of any kind is calorie dense and full of sugar, but I think its better than candy or chips.  Don't even bother trying any other brand of dried mango, I've tried them all (Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc) and they all taste like shoe leather.  This brand however is fresh and delicious!
  • Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Rolled Whole Grain Hot Cereal with flaxseed - everyone in my family loves this.  Super hearty, chewy yummy-ness!  Of course we put brown sugar on it.
  • Horizon  Tuberz, or Stonyfield YoKids Squeezers (like Go-gurts).  I put these in the freezer and the kids eat them like frozen yogurt popsicles.
  • Simply Fruit, Fruit RollUps.  So far, I can only find them at Target.  My kids don't like the Twisted Fruit by Cliffbar or Fruitabu.  I was so happy to find these that they liked because I refuse to by "Fruit" snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment