Monday, July 27, 2009

Green products that I love

I will keep a list here about different products that I love that are considered "green" and that are also priced competitively.  I consider myself light to medium green because in order for me to consider a product that is better for the earth and/or for myself, it has to work great and be cost effective.  For instance, I tried cleaning my house with vinegar and baking soda and it stunk!  Sure it was healthy for us to get rid of all the chemicals, but my house stunk!  
  • Green Works (Clorox) natural dilutable cleaner.  I mix it myself in a labeled spray bottle.  I think I only paid about $3 for 28 ounces.  Since only use 1/2 cup to 1 and 1/2 gal of water, it is not only healthy, but more cost effective than vinegar.  It is coconut based with lemon oil (smells fresh) and is biodegradable.
  • White Cloud Green Earth toilet paper.  This is made from 100% recycled paper and is as soft as the other stuff I was using.  It is priced very closely to it's non-recycled competitors - sometimes more, sometimes less expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment